The short answer to this is NO; time is definitely against you and your pet. If you look at our site, you’ll notice our tag line is: Who will win the race against Parvo? This is there to help remind people that Parvo is very fast acting and there is not a lot of time for long drawn-out decision making.
You need to remember that your dog may have just started showing symptoms, but in reality he has already been under attack for up to two weeks. The Parvo incubation period is anywhere from 3 – 15 days. That means, when your dog was first infected, he had not shown any symptoms yet; however, the virus was busy at work looking for food sources such as your dog’s bone marrow. A few days later, the virus is moving on to other easy targets and will end up attacking your dog’s intestines. At this stage your dog will start to feel this attack and little by little he will begin to show the classic Parvo symptoms:
- Loss of appetite and thirst
- Diarrhea (with and without blood)
- No play drive
- No energy (he may sleep most of the day and night and only get up to use the bathroom)
So, the point here is, once you see ANY of the above symptoms, you must go into rapid treatment mode. We’ve seen evidence and spoken to lots of people that are spending days going to site after site, looking for solutions to a Parvo outbreak – when they could more wisely have spent that time taking steps to get their dog treated.
This is a fallacy: “There’s plenty of time to deal with this virus” – nothing could be further from the truth. This virus attacks and kills dogs anywhere from a few hours after you see the first symptom to a few short days later.
So, here’s what you can do:
- If your dog is sick now, then immediately start him on the Parvo Home Remedies which will keep him going until you get a full Parvo Treatment kit.
- After you have administered the home remedies for Parvo for at least 12 hours, then you will have some time to do additional reading.
- Get a FREE copy of our Parvo Treatment 101 Guide. It is fast and easy to download, just like an MP3 file.
- Once your products have arrived via FedEx, then start the treatment straight away – no waiting – just start moving.
- If you still need more to read, then you can also visit our main site: ParvoBuster.com.
Look for other interesting posts on ParvoBuster.org.